Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our new patient coordinator via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
Do I still need a Primary Care Physician?
What should I expect on the complimentary Discovery Call?
What should I expect at the initial consultation?
How much does the initial consultation cost?
What should I bring to my initial consultation?
What is included in the Essentials Program?
What is the investment in the Essentials Program?
Are laboratory tests and supplements included in the Essentials Program?
We do offer direct laboratory pricing. This means that you pay the lab directly and get the best prices of the testing that is recommended.
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Scheduling & Cancellations
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
Non-Healing Platform medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Healing Platform will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Healing Platform physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Healing Platform .
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Healing Platform doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant provider, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Healing Platform physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Healing Platform , you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by Healing Platform Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
Take The First Step On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Healing Platform is right for you.